Sports Tours International announces Epic 3-Country, 4-Week Spring Classics Tour
A company first for 2019 gives cycling fans a true once-in-a-lifetime experience
Just announced! Cycling enthusiasts can immerse themselves for an entire month in spring 2019 in the world of Europe’s pro cycling competitions by pairing a three-country vacation in April with Europe’s Spring Cycling Classics.
Sports Tours International for nearly 30 years has organized vacations to view this popular series. The 2019 Cobbles and Ardennes Classics Tour scheduled April 5-29 includes viewing Spring Cycling Classics in Belgium, Holland and northern France as well as opportunities to ride portions of the actual race routes in events called cyclosportives.
The Spring Classics jump start Sports Tours International’s 2019 season which focuses on the world’s most compelling cycling competitions such as the Tour de France and Giro d’Italia.
Included in the £3500 per person double rate (£1500 single supplement) are 24 nights of accommodations, breakfasts, all transportation and transfers associated with the program, on race day VIP viewing and participation in festivities, bike transfers, guide services, sightseeing, the services of Sports Tours International’s experienced team of cyclists and mechanics with a customized minibus with trailer and roof rack, bike rental (optional) and much more. See: www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/events/spring-classics-cobbles-ardennes/
Shorter itineraries accommodating some but not all of the April Spring Cycling Classics are also available. See: www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/event-categories/cycling/
Activities for the 2019 Cobbles and Ardennes Classics Tour begin April 4 in Belgium (Ghent), where guests will:
- ride with Johan Museeuw, nicknamed the Lion of Flanders as he was particularly successful at the cobbled classics and tour a Belgian brewery (‘Huyghe’, home of Delirium beer);
- visit (with Johan Museeuw) the Centrum Ronde van Vlaanderen (Tour of Flanders Museum);
- participate in the Tour of Flanders CycloSportive in advance of the April 7, 2019 Tour of Flanders Pro Race — including all the famous climbs;
- witness the start of the 2019 Scheldeprijs.
In France (Roubaix) they will:
- bike cobblestone routes leading into the Forest of Arenberg;
- participate in the April 13 Paris Roubaix Challenge;
- witness the start, some sections and the finish of the April 14 Paris Roubaix Pro race.
Back in Belgium (Leuven, Liege) and in The Netherlands (Maastricht) riders will:
- join the VIP area for the finish of the 2019 Brabantse Pijl on April 17;
- ride in the 2019 Amstel Gold race sportive preceding the April 21 2019 Amstel Gold race;
- experience exclusive VIP access to the Mur de Huy on the 2019 Fleche Wallonne (one of three Ardennes classics) that takes place on April 24.
- join the events of the Liege Bastogne Liege (sportive) Challenge preceding the April 28 Liege Bastogne Liege itself that ranks as the oldest among cycling’s classics, dating to 1892. It embraces the hilliest parts of Belgium, along routes typical of the Ardennes.
Sports Tours International (https://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/) suggests booking packages early to guarantee being in the heart of the action and perhaps riding the official cyclosportive with transport and accommodation for the tours, guaranteed entry and support to cyclosportives as applicable.
Sports Tours International has also added two new events to its spring roster:
- March 1-4 (Flanders-Belgium) Omloop Het Niewsblad: This is the traditional start of the cycling season in Europe. This race is steeped in tradition and it recreates some climbs of the Tour of Flanders including the Muur van Geraardsbergen. Guests can participate in a cyclosportive and watch the pros. For details: www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/events/omloop-het-nieuwsblad-cyclo-and-pro-race/.
- March 29-April 1 (Flanders-Belgium) 2019 Gent Wevelgem; A March 30 cyclosportive and March 31 pro race (known as the Sprinters Classic) take place the weekend before the famous Tour of Flanders. For details: www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/events/gent-wevelgem-cyclo-pro-race/.
For more information, available packages, space availability and reservations please visit online: www.sportstoursinternational.com, email: email@example.com, or call: (+44) 161 703 8161.
Sports Tours International is Europe’s leading specialist in sports travel. Since inception in 1973 they have hosted thousands of participants and spectators at major sporting events worldwide. With the tagline, Fanatical about Sport, the company’s initial roots came from a devotion to running when founder Vince Regan began taking runners to the NYC Marathon. Since the early 2000s, the company now embraces international cycling and running events, triathlon competitions, sports training camps and corporate hospitality.