Banyan Tree garners 241 global awards in 2018
Celebrating the year that was, in 2018 Banyan Tree Group were awarded 241 global award for their branding and exceptional experiences as a leading hospitality leader.
An international operator and developer of premium resorts, hotels, residences, spas, golf and integrated resorts, Banyan Tree continues to lead the luxury travel category, having won 117 international benchmark awards including:
· Travel+Leisure US World’s Best Awards 2018 Top 20 Hotel Brands in the World
· DestinAsian 13th Readers’ Choice Awards 2018 Best Hotel Brands for Leisure
· Beijing News The Best Hotel Brand 2017.
The wide spread achievement across Banyan Tree’s portfolio recognises the uniqueness and spirit of adventure found at each location. Banyan Tree began building retreats of rest and rejuvenation, championing the ethos of “Embracing the Environment, Empowering People”. Their approach to sustainability means each building is built in harmony with nature, contributing to the growth and development of the community.
As a pioneer in sustainability, the Group was named Shanghai Morning Post Tourism Awards 2017 Best Social Responsibility Brand.
Offering a deep sense of place, across all locations, Banyan Tree highlights and infuses the uniqueness of the locale through design and build, guests’ and associates’ experiences to sustainability impacts.
With this in mind, Banyan Tree resorts were also awarded:
· Top 50 Hotels of China for the new design-savvy Dhawa Jinshanling
· Voyage Travel Awards 2018 Best Overseas Hotel for Banyan Tree Tamouda Bay
· Travel+Leisure US World’s Best Awards 2018 – Top 10 Resort Hotels in Mexico for Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués
· DestinAsian 13th Readers’ Choice Awards 2018 Best Hotel in Macau for Banyan Tree Macau
Inspired by the romance of travel, Banyan Tree will continue to increase its global presence and foray into unique exotic destinations across the Europe, Asia-Pacific, Oceania and other regions.
Banyan Tree Spa is well loved for its art of touch and luxurious spa experiences by skilful therapists. Some of the awards it received include:
· The 2018 TTG Travel Hall of Fame – Best Spa Operator for the 4th year since induction.
· 13th China Hotel Starlight Awards 2017 Best Spa Operator of China for the 10th consecutive year.
· Shanghai Morning Post Tourism Awards 2017 Best Spa Brand for the 6th consecutive year.
Ms Ho Ren Yung, Vice President, Brand HQ of Banyan Tree Holdings said, “We value the importance of accreditations bestowed by the industry partners and our guests, which spur us to continually raise the bar in providing exemplary products and services. I would like to thank our guests and business partners for the ever-strong support and our associates, our pillar of success, for the dedication in delivering exceptional experiences and pioneering sustainability which Banyan Tree is synonymously known for.”
“Sustainability has been ingrained as part of our corporate DNA from the very beginning and it is one of the key areas that we are truly proud of. Celebrating our Group’s 25thAnniversary in 2019, these award recognitions reinforce our passion and commitment to grow our brands globally. We aspire to journey our guests to more exciting destinations around the world and foster our ongoing commitment towards driving sustainability for a better world,” added Ms Ho.
With 26 successful signings of new hotel agreements for its four brands during 2018 there are now 48 hotels in operation with 7 new hotels slated to open in 2019.