Love is in the Air
British Airways is celebrating Valentine’s Day by adding a romantic touch to the in-flight entertainment with a new category, Love is in the Air.
The channel, which will run until the end of February, hosts a collection of romantic films, TV shows, audio books and music.
From classics like Gone with the Wind to the newly released rom-com Crazy Rich Asians and the award winning The Shape of Water, the channel will keep customers entertained even on the longest of long-haul flights.
As part of its TV show offering, First Dates: Valentine’s Special is available for viewing as well as cult classic Sex and the City and some love themed episodes of Friends.
For audio book fans, author and biographer Sue Roe reads In Montparnasse while music lovers can enjoy Elgar and Finzi’s Violin Concertos and Lisa Stansfield’s album,Deeper.
Carolina Martinoli, British Airways’ Director of Brand and Customer Experience, said: “For many of our customers, being able to settle in to watch some latest film releases as well as much-loved classics is a real treat that they look forward to. Whether our customers are travelling with someone special or wanting to enjoy a good film, we look forward to welcoming them on board with our Love is in the Air channel.”
Customers who fly with British Airways on long-haul flights have free access to over 1,000 hours of films, top TV shows and audio programmes via their personal seatback screen. The content is updated regularly, with categories often added for major holidays or key calendar events.
The airline is also currently investing £6.5 billion for customers over five years, including new aircraft, new cabins, new catering, new lounges, WiFi, and new routes.
The Love is in the Air category is available on the majority of the airline’s inflight entertainment systems (approximately two-thirds of the long-haul fleet inflight entertainment systems). Other systems will have a subset of the content.
Full content on the Love is in the Air category:
· Juliet, Naked
· Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again
· Crazy Rich Asians
· The Shape of Water
· Something’s Gotta Give
· True Romance
· An Affair to Remember
· Gone with the Wind
· I’m Alan Partridge – Alan Attraction
· Fresh off The Boat – Love & Loopholes
· Sex in The City
· Inside Hotel Chocolat
· The Night of All Nights
· First Dates: Valentine’s Special
· Modern family: My Funky Valentine & Written in the Stars
· It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
· Sue Roe reads – In Montparnasse – Audiobook
· Gustave Flaubert – Madame Bovary – Audiobook
· Elgar Finzi – Violin Concertos- Classical music
· AyseDeniz Gokcin – A Chopin Affair: Sonatas – Classical music
· Ida Sand – My Soul Kitchen– Easy Listening music
· Lisa Stansfield – Deeper – Music
· Marianne Williamson – The Relationships Workshop – Audiobook