Marketing 3.0: Customer Service
Data , social media and OTA’s – Service and people who give it are the travel difference
Customer service is regularly the difference between a good business and a bad business. Often, its as little as simply caring enough to go the next step.
Customer service, generating word of mouth marketing, is a powerful marketing tool that can help grow your business and stand out from your competition. The challenge is reliable and fair delivery, which is easier said than done as customers want more.
Customers are more demanding than ever, and if you don’t provide what they want, when they want it, they’ll leave and tell everyone they know of their experience at a ratio of 20 complaints to every single piece of positive validation. More so, unscrupulous competitors will promise the world and many believe it to only feel let down. Consistency is very important.
Raising customer service to a high level will build trust and loyalty with your client base.
A well-designed customer experience is also marketing:
- Know your product inside and out. Be aware of the most common questions and how to answer them effectively.
- Be respectful and don’t allow your emotions to take over.
- Listening is the key to great customer service. It’s not just what people are saying, but how it’s said, the context and also the visual cues.
- Be friendly; provide a smile, firm hand shake and an enthusiastic personality. Make them feel like they are your only customer
- Ask for feedback to gauge how your customer views you and the service you provide.
Excellent customer service generally comes down to following up your customers and ensuring they are happy with not only the product, but more importantly the entire customer experience.
If you do that successfully, you are on your way to engagement through service. Something a slick marketing campaign will never deliver.